Thursday 3 April 2014

Recipe: Minestrone Verde...

My Minestrone Verde Ingredients

I am always scouring Pinterest for Healthy recipes, and now I am on Maternity leave I have taken the opportunity to make some I have been drooling over...  A couple of days ago I made this beautiful Minestrone Verdi.... it is seriously one of the most amazing things I have ever eaten..... and I love food!!

I am going to share with you guys the recipe but all credit is due to 'The Healthy Chef' who is my new food guru!

For the Soup
1 large  leek, sliced
2 celery stalks, cut into small chunks
1 large green pepper, cut into chunks
2 Courgettes, cut into small chunks
100 g / 3  1/2 oz  kale, calvo nero or silver beet chopped
250 g / 8  3/4 oz  green peas
1 litre vegetable stock
 ( I also added Asparagus as it is in season and cheap in England at the moment)

For the Salsa Verdi
1 bunch green basil
1 bunch parsley
1 cloves fresh garlic, smashed
½  tsp sea salt
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
(Try and get the basil and parsley from the greengrocer as supermarket packets are small, inferior and usually double the price)

Sauté the leek and celery in a large saucepan over a low heat for 2 minutes until soft.
Add the stock, Courgette, Pepper and kale or calvo nero.
Simmer over a gentle heat for 10 minutes.
Add the peas.
Simmer for another 3 minutes.
Season with freshly ground white pepper if required.
Combine salsa verde ingredients into a good high-speed blender until a gorgeous green paste forms.
Adjust consistency and taste if necessary, adding a little more cold pressed olive oil or lemon.
Ladle the green minestrone into serving bowls.
Enjoy as is or  top with a generous drizzle of salsa verde.
Serve immediately and enjoy.

 The Salsa Verde is awesome on toast with avocado too!

Recipe and Bottom Image from 'The Healthy Chef'

1 comment:

Kath said...

Gabi, I think you would enjoy this Jolly green soup, which I adore and cook once a month, a big cauldron full and we eat it all week.
http://www.abelandcole.co.uk/Content/Recipes/Kale.htm

scroll down to jolly green soup. Really nutrient dense and delicious. Hope you are keeping well and the moon-baby too.